A 36-year -old mother of one, Mrs Joy Kuje, has been electrocuted in the Nasarawa Eggon Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
Northern City News gathered in Lafia on Thursday that the deceased was electrocuted when she accidentally stepped on a wet floor, which unknown to her, had a live wire stuck in it.
The incident, which occurred around 3.30 pm, threw the victim’s family into mourning.
The husband of the deceased, Amos, recounted the sad incident in an interview with newsmen.
He explained that the little boy, who assists his wife with household chores, had gone to fetch water and was on his way back when he screamed possibly as a result of electric shock.
This prompted Joy to rush out of the room in order to find out what had happened to the boy , unknown to her that there was a naked wire on the floor.
Amos said, “While entering the house, just by the side of the door , there was a naked wire lying on the floor. This, I believe, first shocked the boy and made him to shout ‘Jesus’ and he dropped the bucket of water on the floor, which attracted Joy’s attention.
“She rushed to the boy to ascertain why he shouted. On reaching the spot, Joy could not help herself as she was electrocuted. The power was switched off and she was rushed to the Nasarawa Eggon General Hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead.”