88 Views

Power Surge Sparks Fire Inside University Of Ibadan’s Faculty Of Education

The fire outbreak that occured on Wednesday at the Faculty of Education, Univeristy of Ibadan which completely razed a particular room identified as “common room” has been linked to a power surge by the University management.

NIGDAILY REPORT learnt that the fire incident began around 9:00pm during torrential rainfall.

According to reports, the power surge was further triggered by a cooking gas in the common room. Equipment for social interaction and networking by teaching and non-teaching staff members were completely razed in the resulting fire outbreak.

While reacting to fire outbreak news, the University’s Director of Communication, Olatunji Oladejo confirmed the incident to newsmen; “yes, I can confirm to you that there was a fire incident last night”.

However, contrary to the insinuations that the whole faculty was engulfed in fire, it is not true as the incident only affected the common room of the faculty. The affected room was completely razed as we couldn’t lay hands on anything after the incident. We thank God that no life was lost.

Oladejo thanked the men of the Oyo State Fire Service for helping the campus firemen to put out the fire, from spreading beyond the affected area

1 Comment

  1. I simply want to mention I am just all new to blogging and actually loved your web-site. Likely I’m likely to bookmark your blog . You certainly have great articles. Many thanks for revealing your webpage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*